Part time position, 3 days per week, 12 month contract
Conservation Volunteers is a national, not-for-profit, community based organisation that is dedicated to involving both local and overseas volunteers in conservation projects for the betterment of Aotearoa’s environment. Each year we engage thousands of volunteers on meaningful conservation projects across the country. By becoming a member of the Conservation Volunteers team, you will be using your skills in community engagement to enable this work to continue.
We’re looking for a part-time Volunteer Engagement Officer to join our small but dedicated Wellington team. In this role you’ll be responsible for day to day administration of our volunteer programme, as well as the recruitment and coordination of volunteers to participate in all of our projects. While this role is initially part-time it is envisioned that the successful applicant will transition to full-time employment as our Wellington Volunteer Programme develops.
For success in this role, it is necessary to have:
- Effective presentation skills in order to create and maintain strategic community involvement networks and recruit volunteers
- Ability to maintain statistics, record information and provide reports as required
- Professional phone manner, broad experience in database management and Microsoft office suite
- Organisational and prioritisation skills to ensure the office functions in an ordered but friendly manner
Essential Qualifications & Attributes
- Demonstrated experience in proactive recruitment /community involvement / volunteer programmes
- Demonstrated networking effectiveness
- Demonstrated presentation, writing and marketing skills
- Demonstrated experience in supporting a team of people including: induction, supervision, training, monitoring performance and supporting team members
- A high level of computer literacy including Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint, email, and database use
- Excellent organisational and time management skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks & competing priorities
- A full Driver’s licence and the ability to drive a range of vehicles as required
- Qualifications or an interest in conservation would be well regarded, but not essential
Conservation Volunteers will provide formal training in Workplace Health & Safety, Level 2 First Aid, and a Defensive Driving Certificate. Conservation Volunteers will also apply for a Working with Children Check and Police Clearance for the successful applicant.
For further details about the position, read the Volunteer Engagement Officer NZ position description
Applications Close Date: Wednesday 27 July 2016
Applications for this job addressing the Key Selection Criteria (in the position description) and Resume to be submitted via the application form below.
For more information regarding this position, please contact Ed Tregidga on 021 878 185, or email Ed at email@example.com