At Conservation Volunteers it is our vision is to inspire change by connecting people with our environment. We attract and manage volunteers to participate in projects that protect or enhance our environment and heritage in Australia and New Zealand.
If you feel that community focus and being involved in managing and protecting the environment, is important to you, then you may just be the right person for us!
We are currently seeking a Regional Manager to manage the overall delivery of our programs in the Wellington area. The Regional Manager will be responsible for developing strong business relationships, promoting our range of programmes with partner organisations and creating new opportunities to fulfil our vision in the Wellington area.
For success in this role you will need:
- Proven success in marketing and business development
- Strong management and leadership skills
- Well-developed communication skills
- Sound organisational project management skills
- Networks and experience in the conservation industry, while not essential, would be advantageous
Essential Qualifications & Attributes
- Relevant Tertiary Qualification
- Previous experience with a volunteer or not for profit organization
- Demonstrated interest in, and understanding of, New Zealand’s environmental priorities
- Valid full Drivers Licence
- Current First Aid certificate
- Defensive Driving certificate
- Workplace Health and Safety certificate
- New Zealand Police check clearance (completed by CVNZ)
For more information about the position read the Regional Manager Wellington position description
How to Apply
Complete the application form via the button below. Have your responses to the Key Selection Criteria listed below, Cover letter and Resume ready to attach to the application form.
Note: You are only required to address the Key Selection Criteria (KSC) listed below. Individual responses to all the KSC listed on the Position Description are not required.
Question 1. What has attracted you to apply for this position?
KSC 1: Proven marketing skills with the ability to close the deal – Demonstrated and proven marketing skills and knowledge to deliver the requires financial outcomes to a number of stakeholders.
Question 2. Describe your experience in managing and coordinating complex contracted services?
KSC 2: Stakeholder management & interpersonal communication skills – Establishes the relationships with stakeholders, develop effective stakeholder-oriented responses, and assesses, develops and negotiates innovative solutions to complex issues.
Question 3. Describe a time when you have effectively developed a relationship with a stakeholder who had a competing priority or business objective?