Full-time ongoing position
Would you like to make a difference to the future of New Zealand natural environment and wildlife? Are you passionate about conservation? If you share our values and vision for a healthy and sustainable environment, this could be the right opportunity for you.
Conservation Volunteers New Zealand is seeking a self-motivated person to oversee the expansion of our nursery at Punakaiki and to manage its day to day running.
For success in this role you will need:
- Experience in native plant propagation from seed collection and cuttings
- Experience in nursery management
- Capable of implementing current CVNZ nursery upgrade and expansion
- Planning for project deliverables
- Capable of working with a broad variety of people
- New Zealand plant knowledge/identification relevant to restoration projects
- Site preparation ready for planting
- To be able to meet targets relevant to project deliverables
- Able to work as a team to deliver project outcomes
- Growsafe certificate
- GIS mapping
A full Driver’s license is mandatory for all applicants. Senior or Level II First Aid, Defensive Driving certificate and a criminal check are essential to ensure the safety of our volunteers. If the successful candidate does not already possess these qualifications, Conservation Volunteers New Zealand will assist in gaining them, as well as provide training to Level 3 standard in an OH&S subject.
Applications Close Date: Sunday 14 October 2018
Applications for this job addressing the Key Selection Criteria (in the Nursery Manager Punakaiki position description) and CV to be submitted via the application form below.Apply now