16 hours per week, Fixed Term Contract from October 2019 – June 2020
Conservation Volunteers is a national, not-for-profit, community based organisation that is dedicated to involving both local and overseas volunteers in conservation projects for the betterment of the New Zealand environment.
The Programme Coordinator/Team Leader of this pilot Migrant Conservation Programme is responsible for initiating contact with appropriate groups and agencies to spark interest in urban conservation issues among migrant communities in the Puketepapa Local Board area. The Coordinator will also connect with local conservation groups and residents to connect migrant conservation volunteers with locals and foster integration values.
This position provides a unique opportunity to make a critical impact on the preservation and sustainability of our natural and cultural heritage by managing diverse teams participating in practical and hand-on conservation activities.
This interesting and varied role will require:
- Bilingual ability – fluent in Mandarin and English
- Qualifications or experience in conservation or natural resource management, including plant identification knowledge
- Demonstrated capacity to engage team members in learning new skills and providing ongoing coaching
- Demonstrated experience as an effective communicator and motivating team leader
- Full unrestricted Driver’s Licence
For further details about the position read the Migrant Community Conservation Programme Coordinator position description
Applications for this job addressing the Key Selection Criteria (in the position description) and Resume to be submitted via the application form below.