Full-Time fixed term contract to June 2021
Join our dedicated/passionate/committed/eclectic team and lead the implementation of our large-scale restoration project in the Punakaiki region. We have been restoring the unique habitat at the Te Ara Tāiko Nature for the past decade, in partnership with the Department of Conservation and others.
The sole breeding site of the Taiko/ Westland Black Petrel in the foothills of the Paparoa Range directly abutting the boundary gives our site a unique ecological significance.
Through an opportunity with the Billion Trees Programme we are upscaling our efforts both here and across the surrounding region. Community engagement is a key feature of the projects, with people throughout New Zealand and the world helping with our efforts. To date, we have seen over 200,000 native trees and shrubs planted at this site, all grown at our on-site nursery.
This role involves coordinating with local project partners, volunteers, and other CVNZ staff to ensure that we meet our project targets. A key aspect of the role will involve compiling reports for funders.
Essential requirements and attributes:
- Environmental restoration experience and relevant qualifications
- Able to implement a project plan and understand planting plans
- Experience with report writing or similar
- An ability to relate to people from all walks of life; age, nationality and socio-economic background
- Above all else, a positive attitude and enjoy working as part of a team
- Leadership and team management experience
For further details about the position read the Restoration Project Manager – Punakaiki position description
Applications Close Date: Sunday 3 November 2019
Applications for this job addressing the Key Selection Criteria (in the relevant position description) and CV to be submitted via the application form below.
For enquiries, please contact Dave Sharp at [email protected] or 0276428230.Apply now