Join our dedicated and passionate team! We are looking for an outgoing, enthusiastic and hardworking Conservation Officer to join our Christchurch team.
Conservation Volunteers is a national, not-for-profit, community-based organisation that is dedicated to involving volunteers in conservation projects for the betterment of Aotearoa’s environment. Each year we engage thousands of volunteers on meaningful conservation projects across the country. By becoming a member of the Conservation Volunteers team, you will be using your skills in community engagement to enable this work to continue.
As the casual Conservation Officer you will be responsible for leading practical conservation activities and may from time to time be asked to assist with promotion and coordination of volunteer engagement within the region. To be successful in this role, you will have demonstrated experience within the volunteer sector in field-based programme delivery with some experience in programme administration an advantage. Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills coupled with demonstrated time management and problem-solving skills will be highly regarded. You will have a strong interest in practical conservation activities from on-site delivery to recruitment as needed.
This role predominantly encompasses leading teams of volunteers out in the field but may occasionally include organisation and office administration duties including but not limited to:
- Inducting individuals and teams using agreed CVNZ process and induction materials provided
- Managing and responding to incoming enquiries in a timely and accurate manner.
- Maintaining statistics, recording information and providing daily reports as required
- Ensuring the general welfare and safety of volunteers/participants, including strict adherence to Conservation Volunteers’ OH&S policies and procedures
Essential Qualifications for success in this role will include:
- Full Driver’s Licence
- Current Provide First Aid certificate, or approved equivalent
- Occupational Health & Safety Level 3
- Ministry of Justice Check.
Assistance is available for gaining OH&S Level 3 and Ministry of Justice Checks.
In this role, it will be necessary to lead teams and, from time to time, to work outside normal office hours to assist and organise volunteers. This position would ideally suit a local candidate and preference will be given to applicants already living within the region.
Applications for this job addressing the Key Selection Criteria (in the Conservation Officer, Casual position description) and CV to be submitted via the application form below.
Applications Close Date: Sunday 09th May 2021