Conservation Volunteers is a national, not-for-profit, community-based organisation that is dedicated to involving volunteers in, and delivering on, conservation projects for the betterment of Aotearoa’s environment. Each year we engage thousands of volunteers on meaningful conservation projects across the country. By becoming a member of the Conservation Volunteers team, you will be using your passion for conservation to enable this work to continue.
Conservation Volunteers New Zealand is looking for an experienced Project Manager who will help to deliver the He rau ringa e oti ai/ Helping Hands Programme. This exciting partnership is between Te Hapū o Ngāti Wheke Inc, Living Springs and Conservation Volunteers New Zealand. This three-year programme will be delivered in Whakaraupō/ Lyttelton Harbour. The aim of this visionary programme is to reinstate the mauri across our landscape by restoring mana through, ecological connectivity and restoring threatened habitats. This programme is dedicated to the restoration of mahinga kai.
The Project Manager will be responsible for ensuring continuous workflow and monitoring delivery. They will work closely with all field staff, project partners and the Programme Manager to deliver and monitor successful conservation outcomes associated with He rau ringa e oti ai/ Helping Hands Programme. They also require an understanding of conservation management methods. Proficiency in Te Reo Māori and a background in tikanga would be an advantage.
They will also recruit and work with local volunteers on a variety of conservation projects within Whakaraupō/ Lyttelton Harbour. They are responsible for ensuring successful conservation outcomes through a volunteering programme once the He rau ringa e oti ai/ Helping Hands Programme is complete. The ideal candidate will have strong organisational and communication skills. This role will suit someone who is motivated and has strong experience in community engagement.
Essential Qualifications & Experience
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Passion and understanding of conservation
- The ability to seek out and inspire people to volunteer, and to encourage their commitment to Conservation Volunteers
- Demonstrated capacity for providing good customer service
- Ministry of Justice Check or Working with Vulnerable People Check
- Defensive Driving certificate obtained within the last 5 years (will be part of training)
- Current Senior First Aid certificate (will be provided as part of the role)
- Occupational Health and Safety Level 3 (will be provided as part of the role)
This position is full time 3 year maximum term contract located in Ōtautahi/ Christchurch
Applications Close Date: Sunday 26th September 2021.
Applications for this job addressing the Key Selection Criteria (in the Project Manager Position Description) and CV to be submitted via the application form below.Apply now
Enquiries can be directed to the HR Coordinator by email [email protected]